* 1/4 c. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry
* 2 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
* 1 tbsp. sugar
* 1/4 c. toasted sesame seeds
* 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut in bite-size pieces
* 3 tbsp. peanut oil
* 1 c. green onions, cut in 1 inch lengths
* 3 c. sliced fresh broccoli flowerettes
* 3 c. Chinese cabbage
* 2 tsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
1. Trim Chinese cabbage of all but 1 inch of green tops and slice diagonally; slices diagonally in 1/2 inch pieces
2. In medium bowl, stir together soy sauce, dry sherry, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sugar, and sesame seeds. Add chicken and marinate at least 1 hour.
3. In a wok or skillet, heat peanut oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add onions, broccoli, and cabbage. Stir fry 1 minute. Transfer to dish; set aside.
5. Add chicken mixture to wok or skillet (add more oil if needed). Stir fry until pinkness is gone, about 3 minutes.
6. Remove to dish with slotted spoon. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to liquid in wok. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
7. Return chicken and vegetables to sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
Last edited by Linda2003 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total